Despite controversies within the creative community regarding AI art generators, a recent survey conducted by Adobe shows that consumers, particularly Gen Z and Millennials, along with marketing professionals, view generative AI technology positively. This technology is seen as a driver of creativity, product quality improvement, and enhanced customer experiences.
- Gen Z and Millennials, in particular, are enthusiastic about generative AI, with 52% stating that it has a positive impact on their lives. An additional 7% referred to it as a "miracle" technology.
- Respondents believe that AI tools integrated into graphic design and photos can enhance creativity, with 56% stating that it would help them be more creative in their work.
- Consumers expect businesses to leverage generative AI for creating more engaging content (25%), improving product quality (76%), and enhancing customer experiences (71%).
- Consumers want AI to simplify their search experiences (35%) and predict their preferences (14%). Among Gen Z and Millennials, 26% want AI to make customer experiences more relevant and personalized.
- For businesses, the focus of generative AI implementation should be on improving product quality (19%) and increasing employee efficiency (17%), according to respondents.
- Older generations (Gen X and older) emphasize the importance of responsible use with guardrails (26%), compared to 15% of younger consumers.
- Businesses are urged to respond to younger consumers' expectations for better experiences and products while ensuring responsible use of generative AI.
- Marketing and customer experience professionals are enthusiastic about generative AI, with 94% planning to use it in their future work, and 79% already using it alongside CX tools. These professionals recognize the benefits of generative AI, such as improved content creation (89%), more personalized experiences (89%), increased content generation (87%), and better identification of customer journeys (87%).
Generative AI technology is gaining widespread approval among consumers, especially Gen Z and Millennials, and marketing professionals. Despite creative controversies, this technology is seen as a catalyst for creativity, product quality enhancement, and improved customer experiences in various industries.