LinkedIn's survey highlights the impact of generative AI on the Indian workforce, emphasizing the challenges and opportunities it presents. Despite concerns and uncertainties, Indian professionals are eager to learn and leverage AI to advance their careers.
- 81% of professionals in India expect their jobs to undergo significant changes due to AI in the next year.
- 60% of respondents feel overwhelmed by AI developments, while 39% worry about keeping up with AI changes.
- 71% express a desire to learn more about AI, even if they're unsure where to start.
- 68% of the workforce acknowledges already using generative AI in their jobs, with 50% having experimented with tools like ChatGPT.
- Millennials (54%) are leading the usage of ChatGPT, followed by Gen Z (46%) professionals.
- 66% of professionals believe they should know more about AI, possibly driven by the perception that 65% of their colleagues are better versed in AI.
- 98% are excited about using AI at work, while 97% believe AI will aid career progression.
- LinkedIn data indicates a 21x global increase in jobs mentioning generative AI technologies, suggesting AI's significance in career development.
- 57% believe AI will boost their confidence at work by providing faster access to knowledge.
- 43% expect quicker promotions as AI enables them to focus on higher-value tasks.
- 79% plan to use AI to solve problems at work.
- 75% will use AI to ask questions they're too embarrassed to pose to colleagues.
- 74% anticipate AI taking over mundane tasks, allowing them to focus on exciting work.
- Professionals consider problem-solving (77%), communication (76%), and creativity (76%) as crucial skills in an AI-driven workplace.
- 55% believe AI can make their jobs easier, increasing job satisfaction, and 74% think it can improve work-life balance.
- Freed time from AI automation motivates 45% to strengthen professional networks.
- 48% plan to learn new skills for their jobs, capitalizing on the benefits of AI.
LinkedIn recognizes the changing landscape and encourages professionals to focus on the positive aspects of AI in their careers. The platform highlights the importance of soft skills, continued learning, and self-investment, emphasizing the role of AI as an invisible teammate in the future.
The survey, conducted by Censuswide, gathered responses from 2,045 Indian workers aged 18 and above between August 23 and August 29, 2023. Censuswide adheres to Market Research Society guidelines and the MRS code of conduct.
As AI reshapes the workplace, professionals must adapt, learn, and harness its potential to achieve career growth and success.